- How does a motor work?
- How does a speed reducer work?
- How can you convert rotary motion into linear motion?
- What is a relay and how does it work?
- How do you control a motor with pushbutton?
- How can you use limit switches to position motorized scenery?
- How can you automate motion by replacing the pushbutton signals with a PLC or Stagehand FX?
Learn & Practice
Scale Sized Automation
Trainee can be built, dissasembled, and re-built over and over. Perfect for Stagecraft or Intro to Automation classes. It is a 1/4″ scale model theatre box made of birch plywood and includes a fun-sized deck winch. Trainee can accomodate up to 3 deck winches.
Each Trainee includes:
- 1/4″ scale model box
- DC Gearmotor
- Timing Belt
- 2x limit switches
- 2x 3PDT Relays (DIN Rail mountable)
- Detailed assembly and wiring schematics
Get a Trainee Now
Trainee kits ship in as little as 3-5 days. Order now.
Electrical & Mechnical Fundamentals
Simple Controls - Lots of Options
Remote Learning or Classroom Practicum
1/4' Scale Model Theater and one (1) model Deck Winch.
Additional Deck Winch for Trainee. Up to 3 can be used on base model.
Size & Weight
- Assembled Dimensions: 20”L x 12”W x 10”H
- Shipping Dimensions: 14”L x 22”W x 4”H
- Weight: 4 lbs
Scale Deck Winch
- Max Travel: ~8.25"
- Max Speed: ~3" per second
Motor & Gearbox
- Brushed DC motor
- 26 rpm
- Gear Ratio 488:1
- Input Power: 100-240VAC 50/60Hz
- Power Supply Output: 12VDC 700mA
- Max Current Draw: 350mA
Purchasing for a school?
Special bulk pricing available for orders over 20 units.